BSR Innovation Award 2013
ProcessIT Innovations in Luleå/Umeå, Sweden, has been appointed as the best cross-border and cross-sector innovator in the Baltic Sea region. ProcessIT receives the BSR Innovation Award 2013. In total thirteen organisations, projects or networks involving more than ten countries were nominated. Read more about this year’s winner here.
Innovations are increasingly important as a way to reach the objectives in Europe 2020. The concept of smart specialization puts open innovations in the context of regional development in a new way. The EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region (EUSBSR) has contributed to a more strategic discussion about sustainable growth among actors in the region.
BSR Stars, a key innovation program, was initiated as a response to the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region and its objective to focus on transnational and globally competitive cooperation in the Baltic Sea region on innovation, research and cluster development.
The BSR Innovation Award was founded 2011 by BSR Stars together with Baltic Development Forum, as a contribution to the innovative priority in EUSBSR. The aim of the award is to highlight the importance of exploiting the full potential of the Baltic Sea Region in research and innovation.
The award goes to a public or private organization, such as a cluster, business association or SME network that has proved to be innovative and reached across not only the region’s national borders but also crossing different fields of science and industry sectors.
BSR Stars together with Baltic Development Forum invites you to nominate candidates!
The criteria for selection are
- have made an outstanding contribution to an innovative development of the Baltic Sea Region and its countries,
- drawn on macro-regional cooperation in between business, research and policy-makers in the Baltic Sea Region,
- supported the objectives to promote green, smart and/or inclusive growth, set out in the Europe 2020 growth strategy.
The winner of the award was presented on 29th May 2013 during the gala dinner of the Baltic Development Forum Summit 2013 in Riga.
The following distinguished jury has been appointed by BSR Stars High Level Group together with Baltic Development Forum:
- Kerli Gabrilovica, Commercial Director, Lattelecom, Latvia
- Dr. Christian Ketels, Principal associate, Harvard Business School & Stockholm School of Economics
- Christian Vintergaard, CEO | PhD, Fonden for Entreprenørskab – Young Enterprise
- Karin Nygård Skalman, Programme Manager, VINNOVA
The winner receives an award diploma signed by the jury and 5,000 €.
Deadline for nominations
15 May 2013